Automated Data Plotter
This application dynamically generates many types of graphs. These graphs are derived from processing of various data sources done by the IEM. Please feel free to use these generated graphics in whatever way you wish. Reset App. The IEM Explorer application offers a simplified frontend to some of these autoplots.
Second, select specific chart options::
Plot Description:This app allows the arbitrary comparison of months against other months. When the period of months wraps around a new year, the app attempts to keep this situation straight with Dec and Jan following each other. The periods are combined together based on the year of the beginning month of each period. If there is a metric you wished to see added to this analysis, please let us know!
The five years with the most extreme values are labelled on the chart.
Based on a sampling of recent timings for this application, plot generation time has averaged 2 seconds. Hold on for the plot is generating now!
View Data (as csv) Download as Excel
IEM Daily Features using this plot
The IEM Daily Features found on this website often utilize plots found on this application. Here is a listing of features referencing this plot type.
- 01 Sep 2023: Temp Ranges + Precipitation
- 01 Mar 2023: Wet January and February
- 21 Apr 2022: Predicting Next Two Months
- 29 Jul 2020: July Highs vs Lows
- 30 Aug 2019: Predicting September
- 08 Feb 2018: January vs February Temps
- 29 Mar 2016: April vs March
- 29 Oct 2015: Two Month Comparisons
- 23 Apr 2012: Barely warmer than March