RADAR + Satellite Data
The IEM generates composites of NWS NEXRAD data. These composites are used to generate various products on the IEM website.
- MidWest Composite w/ warnings
- CONUS Composite
- Convective Watches Overview
- Yesterday (GMT) CONUS Max dBZ Composite
- Yesterday (GMT) Iowa Max dBZ Composite
Raw Level II Data:
The NWS operated WSR-88D RADARs produce data and products in different formats. Once of these formats is called "Level II" and is high resolution information without much of the processing "Level III" products have.
GIS Web-Mapping Apps:
These applications utilize the NEXRAD composites generated by the IEM.
- Iowa RADAR comparisons
- Current/Archived Composite Loop
- Nationwide Weather Warnings. (NWS WFO Friendly)
- Nationwide NEXRAD with current/past day warnings
- Storm Prediction Center (SPC) Watches since 1997.
- VTEC product browser
|20min Mesonet + DMX NEXRAD||Image | Loop | Small Loop|
|20min Mesonet + Composite NEXRAD||Image | Loop|