Automated Data Plotter
This application dynamically generates many types of graphs. These graphs are derived from processing of various data sources done by the IEM. Please feel free to use these generated graphics in whatever way you wish. Reset App.
Second, select specific chart options::
Plot Description:Generates an analysis map of snowfall or freezing rain data based on NWS Local Storm Reports and NWS COOP Data. This autoplot presents a number of tunables including:
- The window of hours to look before the specified valid time to find Local Storm Reports (LSR).
- The option to attempt to inject zeros into the observations prior to doing an analysis. Since the LSRs are all non-zero values, sometimes it is good to attempt to add zeros in to keep the reports from bleeding into areas that did not receive snow.
- You can pick which SciPy.interpolate.Rbf function to use. The radius in the function shown equals the grid cell size used for the analysis.
- You can optionally include any NWS COOP reports that were processed by the IEM over the time period that you specified.
If you download the data for this analysis, there is a column called
used_for_analysiswhich denotes if the report was used to create the grid analysis. There is a primative quality control routine that attempts to omit too low of reports.
Having trouble with this app? If so, please copy/paste the URL showing the bad image and email it to us!
Based on a sampling of recent timings for this application, plot generation time has averaged 8 seconds. Hold on for the plot is generating now!
View Data (as csv) Download as Excel
IEM Daily Features using this plot
The IEM Daily Features found on this website often utilize plots found on this application. Here is a listing of features referencing this plot type.
- 19 Oct 2020: '20-'21 Winter Storm #1