Automated Data Plotter
This application dynamically generates many types of graphs. These graphs are derived from processing of various data sources done by the IEM. Please feel free to use these generated graphics in whatever way you wish. Reset App. The IEM Explorer application offers a simplified frontend to some of these autoplots.
Second, select specific chart options::
Plot Description:This application generates heatmaps of Storm Prediction Center convective outlooks.
Major Caveat: Due to how the IEM stores the outlook geometries, the values presented here are for an outlook level and levels higher. For example, if a location was in a moderate risk and you asked this app to total slight risks, the moderate risk would count toward the slight risk total.
This autoplot currently only considers outlooks since 2002. This app is also horribly slow for reasons I have yet to fully debug :(
Updated 28 Apr 2022: A generalized outlook category was added to lump all of the issuance times together. So you can do generic requests now like for any Day 1 Outlook, instead of limiting to just the 13z issuance, for example.
Based on a sampling of recent timings for this application, plot generation time has averaged 74 seconds. Hold on for the plot is generating now!
View Data (as csv) Download as Excel
IEM Daily Features using this plot
The IEM Daily Features found on this website often utilize plots found on this application. Here is a listing of features referencing this plot type.
- 28 Mar 2023: Day 5 30% Risk
- 29 Nov 2022: November Moderate Risks
- 12 Apr 2022: April Hatched Tornado Risk
- 04 Mar 2022: March Day 2 Slight Risk
- 09 Jul 2021: Day 2 Enhanced Risk
- 17 Mar 2021: High Risk Frequency
- 22 Oct 2020: October Slight Risk
- 20 Aug 2019: Overnight Enhanced Risk
- 08 May 2019: May Slight Risks
- 20 Apr 2017: 10% Tornado Risk
- 14 Apr 2017: Day 1 Slight Risk Climatology