Past IEM Features tagged: 2004
Very muggy air for this time of year visited Iowa on Monday. The dew point temperature reached 65 degrees Fahrenheit for Des Moines. It is very late in the year to have such a high dew point temperature as shown by the featured chart. Only two other years (1934, 2004) have experienced 65+ dewpoint after 22 October. Two more very warm days are expected before much colder air arrives and highs will only be in the 40s!
Tags: 2012 2004 1934
It is time to say goodbye to 2004. For Iowa, this year will be remembered as a wild year for severe weather, a relatively cold summer that still produced a bumper crop of corn and soybeans, and a primary that ended Howard Dean's campaign. For the IEM, 2004 was another year for archiving and disseminating Iowa's weather and climate. Some stats about the IEM for 2004:
- 216 News items posted.
- 245 Daily Features written.
- 17.6 million AWOS obs archived.
- 39.6 million SchoolNet obs archived.
- 16 gigabytes of webcam imagery archived.
- 70 gigabytes of NEXRAD data archived.
- 1.7 terabytes of traffic and 32 million hits by the IEM webserver.
Thanks for your support this year and hopefully many years to come!