Automated Data Plotter
This application dynamically generates many types of graphs. These graphs are derived from processing of various data sources done by the IEM. Please feel free to use these generated graphics in whatever way you wish. Reset App. The IEM Explorer application offers a simplified frontend to some of these autoplots.
Second, select specific chart options::
Plot Description:This plot presents the current streak of days with a high or low temperature above or at-below the daily average temperature. You can also plot the number of days since last measurable precipitation event (trace events are counted as dry). This plot is based off of NWS CLI sites.
Based on a sampling of recent timings for this application, plot generation time has averaged 5 seconds. Hold on for the plot is generating now!
View Data (as csv) Download as Excel
IEM Daily Features using this plot
The IEM Daily Features found on this website often utilize plots found on this application. Here is a listing of features referencing this plot type.
- 20 Nov 2023: Pushing Three Weeks
- 30 May 2023: Dry Two Weeks for Corn Belt
- 14 Jul 2022: Sioux City Streak
- 18 Jun 2020: Over a week for many
- 04 Mar 2020: Welcome Dryness
- 13 Mar 2019: Finally Breaking the Streak
- 31 May 2018: All May above average
- 07 Nov 2017: Nearing Two Weeks Below
- 12 Sep 2017: Dry Two Weeks
- 10 Nov 2016: Days Since Last Rain
- 28 Jun 2016: 20 straight in June
- 11 Mar 2016: Common Warmth
- 22 Oct 2015: Midwest Days Since Precipitation
- 27 Apr 2015: Current Streak
- 20 Feb 2015: East and West CONUS