Automated Data Plotter
This application dynamically generates many types of graphs. These graphs are derived from processing of various data sources done by the IEM. Please feel free to use these generated graphics in whatever way you wish. Reset App.
Second, select specific chart options::
Plot Description:This chart presents year to date accumulated precipitation for a station of your choice. The year with the highest and lowest accumulation is shown along with the envelop of observations and long term average. You can optionally plot up to three additional years of your choice.
You can specify the start date (ignore the year) for when to start the 365 day accumulation of precipitation. The year shown is the year for the start of the accumulation period. For example, if you accumulate after 1 October, the year 2020 would represent the period from 1 Oct 2020 to 30 Sep 2021.
Accumulating snowfall data is frought with peril, but this app will let you do it! The app has a tight requirement of no less than 3 days of missing data for the year to be considered in the plot.
Based on a sampling of recent timings for this application, plot generation time has averaged 4 seconds. Hold on for the plot is generating now!
View Data (as csv) Download as Excel
IEM Daily Features using this plot
The IEM Daily Features found on this website often utilize plots found on this application. Here is a listing of features referencing this plot type.
- 10 Aug 2022: Sioux City Struggles
- 31 Mar 2022: Water Year, Halfway Point
- 14 Feb 2022: Just One Big Event
- 29 Oct 2021: Fast Water Year Start
- 01 Feb 2021: Accumulating Snowfall
- 06 Jul 2020: Carroll Precipitation
- 03 Oct 2019: Water Year Accumulation
- 31 Jul 2019: 2019 Sioux Falls Precipitation
- 18 Sep 2018: Wilmington, NC Record Rainfall
- 12 Sep 2018: Almost Back to Average
- 17 Nov 2017: Fayette Year to Date Precipitation
- 06 Jul 2017: Sioux City YTD Precipitation
- 21 Dec 2016: Record Precipitation for New Hampton
- 06 Sep 2013: Accumulated Precipitation
- 16 Jun 2011: Above, but behind