Automated Data Plotter
This application dynamically generates many types of graphs. These graphs are derived from processing of various data sources done by the IEM. Please feel free to use these generated graphics in whatever way you wish.
Second, select specific chart options::
Plot Description:This chart presents daily timeseries of soil temperature or moisture. The dataset contains merged information from the legacy Iowa State Ag Climate Network and present-day Iowa State Soil Moisture Network. Each year's data is represented by individual blue lines, with the year to highlight in red and the overall average in black.
Based on a sampling of recent timings for this application, plot generation time has averaged 2 seconds. Hold on for the plot is generating now!
View Data (as csv) Download as Excel
IEM Daily Features using this plot
The IEM Daily Features found on this website often utilize plots found on this application. Here is a listing of features referencing this plot type.
- 07 Apr 2021: Already 60
- 18 Nov 2019: Already to Freezing
- 10 Apr 2018: Very Cold Soil Temps
- 21 Dec 2017: Warm December Soils
- 26 Nov 2015: Still warm soils
- 21 Nov 2014: Above then Below
- 06 Nov 2014: 4 Inch Soil Temperatures
- 06 May 2014: Regaining 50
- 08 Nov 2013: Cooling into winter
- 24 Apr 2012: Cooling Trend