IEM "Climodat" Reports
These "Climodat" reports provide some answers to the most common climatological questions we get routinely asked. Here are some important notes about the products presented on this page.
- These reports are based on the daily climate observations from the NWS COOP network. Some quality control is done and estimating is done to create a complete time series without missing data. You can download the daily data.
- We also provide "kitchen sink" data files which contain the much of the raw information used to generate the reports.
- There is a station monitor app that allows you to see current summarized statistics for a station collection of your choice.
- For the Iowa data, the Iowa State Climatologist provides the IEM with a monthly update of quality controlled observational data. This procedure takes a good deal of time on his behalf. Quality controlled information exists from 1 Jan 1951 till 01 Jan 2018. Any months of data afterwards are based on preliminary data from NCDC and other sources.
- Some sites have data back to 1893, so their reports contain data dating back to then.
- This Automated Data Plotting application on this website contains charts and downloadable datasets that may interest you.
- Update 27 Oct 2015: The plain text reports are dynamically generated on this page and no longer directly available for bulk download. The format of the generated Excel files is somewhat different now as well. If this causes you heartburn, please do let us know!
Data is available from the following states: