Automated Data Plotter
This application dynamically generates many types of graphs. These graphs are derived from processing of various data sources done by the IEM. Please feel free to use these generated graphics in whatever way you wish.
Second, select specific chart options::
Plot Description:This plot displays the distribution of observed daily high and low temperatures for a given day and given state. The dataset is fit with a simple normal distribution based on the simple population statistics.
Based on a sampling of recent timings for this application, plot generation time has averaged 1 seconds. Hold on for the plot is generating now!
IEM Daily Features using this plot
The IEM Daily Features found on this website often utilize plots found on this application. Here is a listing of features referencing this plot type.
- 25 Apr 2017: High and Low Distributions
- 03 Jun 2015: Temperature Distributions
- 07 Oct 2014: Temperature Spreads
- 30 Apr 2009: Distribution of Highs
- 14 Jul 2008: Lows in the 50s?
- 02 Apr 2008: Lows more definite
- 31 Oct 2007: 70s not uncommon
- 28 Jun 2007: Unusually cool
- 08 Nov 2005: 70+ not common
- 22 Mar 2005: Variability is normal