Automated Data Plotter
This application dynamically generates many types of graphs. These graphs are derived from processing of various data sources done by the IEM. Please feel free to use these generated graphics in whatever way you wish.
Second, select specific chart options::
Plot Description:This application has a considerable and likely confusing amount of configuration options. In general, it will produce a map of either a single NWS Weather Forecast Office (WFO) or for a specified state. For warning types that are issued with polygons, you can optionally plot heatmaps of these products. Please be careful when selecting start and end dates to ensure you are getting the plot you want. There are likely some combinations here that will produce a broken image symbol. If you find such a case, please email us the link to this page that shows the broken image!
Storm Based Warning polygons were not official until 1 October 2007, so if you generate plots for years prior to this date, you may notice polygons well outside the County Warning Area bounds. There was no enforcement of these unofficial polygons to stay within CWA bounds.
This app can be very slow, so please let it grind away as sometimes it will take 3-5 minutes to generate a map :(
Based on a sampling of recent timings for this application, plot generation time has averaged 14 seconds. Hold on for the plot is generating now!
IEM Daily Features using this plot
The IEM Daily Features found on this website often utilize plots found on this application. Here is a listing of features referencing this plot type.
- 28 Aug 2018: 2018 Severe T'Storm Warnings
- 18 Jun 2018: Excessive Heat Warnings
- 28 Mar 2018: Tornado Warning Polygons
- 05 Mar 2018: Winter Weather Advisories
- 22 Jan 2018: Blizzard Warnings per Year
- 14 Dec 2017: Wind Advisories per Year
- 18 May 2017: Yesterday's Severe Warnings
- 19 Apr 2017: Last Tornado Warning Polygon
- 15 Dec 2016: Wind Chill Advisories
- 16 Mar 2016: Last Tornado Warning
- 01 Feb 2016: Last Blizzard Watch
- 18 Jan 2016: Wind Chill Warnings
- 30 Nov 2015: Winter Storm Warnings per Year
- 16 Oct 2015: Frost Advisory
- 31 Aug 2015: Dense Fog Advisory
- 19 Aug 2015: 2015 Tornado Watches