Automated Data Plotter
This application dynamically generates many types of graphs. These graphs are derived from processing of various data sources done by the IEM. Please feel free to use these generated graphics in whatever way you wish.
Second, select specific chart options::
Plot Description:This application allows the plotting of precipitation estimates from either MRMS or PRISM. Please note that the start and end dates are inclusive. There is a three day delay for the arrival of the PRISM data. The PRISM data is credit: PRISM Climate Group, Oregon State University, created 4 Feb 2004.
Based on a sampling of recent timings for this application, plot generation time has averaged 17 seconds. Hold on for the plot is generating now!
IEM Daily Features using this plot
The IEM Daily Features found on this website often utilize plots found on this application. Here is a listing of features referencing this plot type.
- 19 Jul 2018: Departures since May 1
- 24 May 2018: May Precipitation Departures
- 08 May 2018: Some Drought Help
- 25 Jan 2018: Drought Help from January Rainfall
- 23 Oct 2017: Wet October
- 22 Aug 2017: Getting needed rainfall
- 08 Aug 2017: 90 Day Departures
- 02 Aug 2017: Better than no rain at all
- 25 Jul 2017: Limited Help for Drought
- 10 Jul 2017: Past 24 Days
- 15 Jun 2017: Plenty of Dry Areas
- 12 May 2017: Precipitation since 10 April
- 16 Nov 2016: Mostly Dry 31 Days
- 12 Jul 2016: July Precip
- 01 Jul 2016: June Precip Variability
- 27 Jun 2016: Last Week's precip
- 17 Jun 2016: June Precip Totals
- 14 Dec 2015: Epic December Rainfall
- 22 Jul 2015: Since 1 July
- 05 May 2015: Rainfall Variability
- 20 Apr 2015: Wet Weekend
- 20 Jun 2014: 11 inches in 6 days
- 13 May 2014: May Rain
- 16 Apr 2014: Much Needed April Rain
- 24 Oct 2011: Mostly dry midwest
- 24 Aug 2005: Sharp Contrasts