Automated Data Plotter
This application dynamically generates many types of graphs. These graphs are derived from processing of various data sources done by the IEM. Please feel free to use these generated graphics in whatever way you wish.
Second, select specific chart options::
Plot Description:Based on hourly METAR reports of temperature or dew point, this plot displays the longest periods above or below a given temperature threshold. There are plenty of caveats to this plot, including missing data periods that are ignored and data during the 1960s that only has reports every three hours. This plot also limits the number of lines drawn to 10, so if you hit the limit, please change the thresholds.
Based on a sampling of recent timings for this application, plot generation time has averaged 21 seconds. Hold on for the plot is generating now!
IEM Daily Features using this plot
The IEM Daily Features found on this website often utilize plots found on this application. Here is a listing of features referencing this plot type.
- 31 Jul 2018: Streaks below 80 in July
- 04 Jan 2018: Almost 72 Hours Straight below 0
- 27 Jan 2017: Nine straight in January
- 22 Sep 2016: Sept 70+ Dew Point Streak
- 16 Dec 2015: Streak above Freezing in December
- 07 Sep 2015: Streak above 70 in September
- 17 Dec 2014: Above 50 in December
- 20 Nov 2014: November Frozen Streaks