Automated Data Plotter
This application dynamically generates many types of graphs. These graphs are derived from processing of various data sources done by the IEM. Please feel free to use these generated graphics in whatever way you wish.
Second, select specific chart options::
Plot Description:This map presents IEM computed precipitation ranks for a month and year of your choice. The map unit is climate districts for which the IEM generates spatially weighted daily averages for. For seasonal totals, the year presented is the calendar year of the last month in the three month period.
Based on a sampling of recent timings for this application, plot generation time has averaged 7 seconds. Hold on for the plot is generating now!
IEM Daily Features using this plot
The IEM Daily Features found on this website often utilize plots found on this application. Here is a listing of features referencing this plot type.
- 01 Feb 2018: Mixed Bag for January
- 02 Nov 2017: Very Wet October
- 03 Oct 2017: Sept 2017 Precip Ranks
- 31 Jul 2017: July 2017 Precip Ranks
- 02 Mar 2017: February Warmth
- 01 Dec 2016: Fall Differences
- 03 Nov 2016: Warm October
- 02 Sep 2016: Summer Arridity Index
- 01 Aug 2016: July Precip Ranks
- 14 Jun 2016: Spring Arridity
- 01 Jun 2016: May 2016 Precip Ranks
- 01 Apr 2016: March Precipitation Ranks
- 02 Mar 2016: Wet Winter
- 01 Jan 2016: Lots of 1s on the Map
- 02 Dec 2015: Wet November for Iowa
- 02 Oct 2015: Very Warm September
- 01 Jul 2015: June Ranks
- 01 Jun 2015: May 2015
- 01 May 2015: April Ranks
- 03 Apr 2015: March Ranks
- 02 Mar 2015: Cold February
- 02 Oct 2014: September Ranks