Automated Data Plotter
This application dynamically generates many types of graphs. These graphs are derived from processing of various data sources done by the IEM. Please feel free to use these generated graphics in whatever way you wish.
Second, select specific chart options::
Plot Description:The map presents IEM computed climate district ranks for a metric of your choice. This map can be generated for a given month and year or period of dates. If the period of days includes leap day, this day is included and unweighted against years without it. If the period spans two years, the presented year on the map represents the second year in the selection. For plotting period Option 2, the time period is limited to 1 year or less.
The climate district data uses the current NWS COOP nomenclature of reporting each day at approximately 7 AM. So for example, a plot of June precipitation would stricly include the period of 7 AM 31 May to 7 AM 30 June. Data for the current date is available at approximately noon each day.
Based on a sampling of recent timings for this application, plot generation time has averaged 38 seconds. Hold on for the plot is generating now!
IEM Daily Features using this plot
The IEM Daily Features found on this website often utilize plots found on this application. Here is a listing of features referencing this plot type.
- 28 Sep 2018: Wettest September
- 01 May 2018: Dry April for Southern Iowa
- 01 Feb 2018: Mixed Bag for January
- 02 Nov 2017: Very Wet October
- 03 Oct 2017: Sept 2017 Precip Ranks
- 31 Jul 2017: July 2017 Precip Ranks
- 02 Mar 2017: February Warmth
- 01 Dec 2016: Fall Differences
- 03 Nov 2016: Warm October
- 02 Sep 2016: Summer Arridity Index
- 01 Aug 2016: July Precip Ranks
- 14 Jun 2016: Spring Arridity
- 01 Jun 2016: May 2016 Precip Ranks
- 01 Apr 2016: March Precipitation Ranks
- 02 Mar 2016: Wet Winter
- 01 Jan 2016: Lots of 1s on the Map
- 02 Dec 2015: Wet November for Iowa
- 02 Oct 2015: Very Warm September
- 01 Jul 2015: June Ranks
- 01 Jun 2015: May 2015
- 01 May 2015: April Ranks
- 03 Apr 2015: March Ranks
- 02 Mar 2015: Cold February
- 02 Oct 2014: September Ranks