Automated Data Plotter
This application dynamically generates many types of graphs. These graphs are derived from processing of various data sources done by the IEM. Please feel free to use these generated graphics in whatever way you wish.
Second, select specific chart options::
Plot Description:This plot presents the trailing X number of days temperature or precipitation departure from long term average. You can express this departure either in Absolute Departure or as a Standard Deviation. The Standard Deviation option along with precipitation is typically called the "Standardized Precipitation Index".
The plot also contains an underlay with the weekly US Drought Monitor that is valid for the station location. If you plot a climate district station, you get the US Drought Monitor valid for the district centroid. If you plot a statewide average, you get no USDM included.
Based on a sampling of recent timings for this application, plot generation time has averaged 4 seconds. Hold on for the plot is generating now!
IEM Daily Features using this plot
The IEM Daily Features found on this website often utilize plots found on this application. Here is a listing of features referencing this plot type.
- 10 Aug 2018: Ottumwa Multi-Year Drought
- 15 Dec 2017: Continued Drought
- 13 Sep 2017: Flash Drought
- 05 Jun 2017: 31 Day Dips below Average
- 15 Apr 2016: Departure Differences
- 13 Apr 2015: Difference between Depatures
- 09 May 2014: Short Term Up, Long Term Down
- 05 Sep 2013: Complex Drought
- 08 May 2013: Short vs Long Term
- 06 Feb 2013: Long Term Deficits Remain
- 16 Nov 2012: Deficits