Public Rainfall Reports:
- 5.65 Steve Spauldin 7 W of Perry, IA
- 6.00 Donald Brown 1.25 N of Colo, IA
- 7.50 Eldon Whitaker Colo, IA
- 5.00 Deb Campbell 1.5 E 1.5 S Hamlin, IA
- 4.78 KDLS Radio Perry, IA
- 5.69 Willard Sharp Madrid, IA
21_23may2004_rainfall.png 040523_rainfall.png 040522_rainfall.png
- Simple maps of rainfall estimates
- Shapefile of rainfall estimates for the weekend.
- Erin Haemer
- Subject: Belmond, IA Flood
- Here are a few pictures of the flooding in Belmond, IA
- taken this morning after 11:00am. The water is still
- rising but we think this will give a decent view of
- the start of it. If you need more pictures, let me
- know, we have quite a few more.
- Lynn Eddy
- Subject: Fw: Storm Damage in Adair County
- Here are some storm damage pictures from the storms of May 22, 2004.
- (The second go round).
field*.jpg lightning*.jpg willow*.jpg
- Ian Souter Adam Waterbury
- Subject: Carroll and Shelby County Flooding
- My friend and I drove around tonight with a video camera recording the
- flooding of our two counties. Willow Creek in Manning, IA is at the
- crest. The Longbranch river in Shelby county by my farm is out of the
- banks and into the fields. Roads around here have gravel on them in
- places from shoulders being washed onto the road. I'll email you a link
- to the video when I get it uploaded to my website. Here are some screen
- captures from the video of lightning lighting up the rivers.
- From: Laurie Leaike
- Subject: Aftermath of Flash flooding
- Here are just a couple of the many pictures I took this morning of the
- aftermath of the flash flooding that occurred last night and early this
- morning in Audubon County.
- A picture of a severely damaged bridge in the town of Audubon.
- A picture of a field still with stand water northern Audubon County
- taken at 10:30 this morning.
- From: Patrick Meade [Maxwell, IA]
- Subject: Lake Maxwell
- Here are a few pictures of Lake Maxwell (the city park) and a few of the
- storm damage.
- From: Mary Wilkening [Monroe, IA]
- Subject: storm damage in Monroe Iowa
- The above and below pictures are from our yard. The one picture is of a
- tree limb completely stripped of bark. The other two are of our trucks
- that had trees use them for target practice.
- From: Sandra Carroll [Maxwell, IA]
- Subject: storm pictures
- This is our park, in the picture you see the top of a dugout for a
- softball diamond, a camper and you can barely see the top of what looks
- like a car.
- From: Arron Sutherland
- Subject: Storm damage
- Hello, here are some photos of trees down 1 mile south of Collins. The
- homeowners name is Ken Caulkins. These photos were taken at 8:00 this
- morning. My name is Arron Sutherland, I live a half mile south of Ken.
IM000628.JPG IM000629.JPG IM000631.JPG
- From: "Rod and Michelle"
- Subject: pictures of storm tonight north of newton
- From: shermz05
- Subject: Stuart Tornado
- This was a picture taken by Jeff Sherman approx 2 miles south of Stuart
- this evening. There was damage to a metal farm building but I have
- not heard of other damage in the area. Hope you can use this picture.
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg
- From: Eric O'Connor
- Subject: Tornado Pictures
- I just took these around 7:15. I was 45 miles west of Des Moines on I-80.
- From: "Ryan A."
- Subject: Storm Pictures
- These pictures were taken at approximately 7:30 in Kelley, Iowa.
- My name is Ryan T Alley and I'm a high school student at Ballard
- High School in Huxley. There was golfball-sized hail all the way up to
- baseball. It dented all of our cars when we were at the graduation
- party at the community center in Kelley and it cracked one mans
- From: "Menlo fire and Rescue"
- Storm Southwest of Stuart tonight taken by Kayla Gilman of Menlo
- From: Anna Leichliter
- Subject: stuart tornado
- taken 1 1/2 mi n.w. of sturat looing back at stuart.
- From: "TJ"
- Subject: South of Ames, looking SW, Wall cloud/funnel
- South of Ames, looking SW, Wall cloud/funnel
23587017349.jpg 23588737797.jpg 23588611717.jpg 23586638213.jpg
- KGGO's Lou Sipolt, 4 north of Madrid earlier this evening...
- From: "matt lepley"
- Subject: weather pictures from may 21
- We are sending you pictures from the round of storms that hit the Hardin
- and Grundy county areas. These pictures were taken between 1:00 and 4:30
- P.M. The picture of the storm front was taken about one mile east of
- Eldora. Two of the pictures where taken south east of Eldora and are of
- the first storm that produced a tornado in Grundy county. There is a
- definate wall cloud and lowering. The other two pictures are of a tornado
- south of Eldora. These pictures look like a downburst but there was
- rotation that cannot be seen in the picture. Hope you enjoy looking at
- them as much as we did taking them. Maybe they will be usefull and maybe
- From: Larry Walker
- Here is a photo of the mothership almost landing in Fremont Nebraska on
- Saturday at 7:00.
- Images showing composites of thunderstorm / tornado / flash flood warnings
- issued by the NWS. Not official...